Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Coincidences?

Albert Einstein said, "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."

I've been wondering about coincidences lately because of some things that are happening in my life. I am truly beginning to think that nothing is coincidental and that it is all just more of God's plan becoming apparent. It looks like Albert Einstein would agree with me.

I am not going to go into this too in-depth, because I know I've written about this before. I just wanted to share an anecdote that came right from this blog.

Yesterday I posted a little note to St. Anthony about my missing clothes, almost partly in jest. (I did find my brown wool sweater, so two snaps for Tony although it'd look really cute with my khakis!)

Well, from that post another blogger asked me about praying to Saints and why we did that. Now I have a pretty standard answer for that, but every good journalist does a little research before they write about something. So, I did the same search on "praying to saints" that I've done probably a dozen times before. Except right away I came across that article that I'd posted, one that I'd never seen before. I read it and it spoke to me. It was about a journalist -- a non-Catholic, I believe -- who found solace (and a job!) in praying to St. Maximilian Kolbe. So I did a little research. Fantastic saint! Great person to pray to. So why had I never noticed that article before. Top it off that tonight I am talking to a friend about an issue. And guess who the perfect saint is for us to pray together to? Did you guess St. Maximilian Kolbe? Do you have goosebumps, because I do...

To sum it up? I am not sure I believe in coincidences. I think that everything is guided by God's hand. Sometimes we get what He is doing. Sometimes we don't. It'll all become apparent at some point and we'll have what I call an "a-ha moment."

A guy I know that I'm not particularly sure believes in God told me once about synchronicity and meaningful coincidence, and I am very intrigued to learn more about it. Mostly, I believe it's all God's work whether you call it serendipity, coincidence, fate, destiny, etc. It happens because it is all part of the plan God charted for you before you were ever born.

That's pretty freaking cool, if you ask me.

1 comment(s):

I enjoy your blog! You have meaningful things to say and add such humor . . . it always makes me laugh. I totally enjoyed your "catholic education" blog. I, for one, learned alot. I am much impressed by your committment and your insight.

Thanks and keep it up!

By Blogger Sheri, at 2/01/2006 10:57 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home