Does anybody read these?

Monday, February 20, 2006

Local girl makes the song of the day!!!!

A friend told me the other day that I had to listen to this new song that was out. I don't even remember what we were talking about. My guess is men. When I listened to the song, I realized I'd heard it, I just wasn't putting two and two together. This gal is from a town about an hour from here, and Larry at church (the George Jones megafan I've blogged about before, I'm sure) recommended her to me. I think he saw her opening for someone because he hits the local concert circuit quite a bit. And the radio stations around here are in love with her. And rightly so, I'm not sure we've had anyone from around here make it big since Kim Richey.

Regardless of where Danielle Peck is from, "I don't" is a great song. I was just listening to it before I decided to make it the song of the day. It totally ties in with a conversation I just had with a friend. I know a few folks who read this blog are having some "relationship issues," to put it politely. There are much more interesting things I'd like to say about the men in their lives, but I'll be nice. This song should be required listening for them.

I am posting a link to the lyrics here. When you go on that page if you click on that little musical note on the top left of the lyrics it'll let you listen to the song in Windows Media Player. It is such a great song. I love Danielle's voice. From this song, which is all of hers I've heard personally, she reminds me a little of Tanya Tucker, and that's not a bad thing at all. And she's obviously a talented songwriter, because this song is great. It's worth a peek, so check it out.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home