Does anybody read these?

Monday, March 06, 2006

Everyone keeps asking how I'm doing...

I am hanging in there. I think I am just comfortably numb. I have to keep going on. What else can I do? Thank you to everyone who has been here for me. I appreciate more than you will ever know.

I guess the funeral is going to be on Wednesday. It's got to suck to be a parent and lose a child, no matter what their age or what the circumstances. Rusty and Heidi are doing unbelievably well, all things considered. They are tired, and they are sad, but a lot better than I think that I'd be in the same situation. Reeston got out of ICU today. I just hope he is going to be OK. I just can't think about little baby-sized coffins and all the flowers and the words that will be said. I just know we are going to be very sad. We already are.

And today, my dad was talking to my brother Luke who is very close to Rusty and was at the hospital yesterday. He said that Rusty was so sad because he can't understand why his baby was taken away when so many people who don't want babies can have them whenever they want. We have cousins who are like this. They are on drugs and have several kids with several men and they don't even want the babies, pawning them off on relatives. I guess there are some things we are not meant to understand...

For some reason, the song "God's Will" by Martina McBride popped into my head today. I am not a Martina McBride fan AT ALL, but it helped me to listen to it.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home