Does anybody read these?

Monday, March 06, 2006

My mom and The Oscars

My mother doesn't watch movies. A few years ago she went with her church group to see The Passion of the Christ at the theater. Now that I think about it, she's probably gone to the movies twice this year. She has a group of friends who get together and go every once in a while. But nine times out of 10, she'd rather watch sports. She loves sports. She's fond of saying things like "Sandra Bullock? Who's she play for?"

However, my mom LOVES George Clooney. She watched ER when he was on it, and she liked it. We did have to remind her that if she faked an injury he wouldn't really be her doctor. Now that I think about it, George is probably why she watched The Oscars last night.

I didn't see any of the movies, so I didn't really care. Kenny's anorexic ex-wife didn't attend, so I had no one to make fun of. I did want Reese to win because I have a soft spot in my heart for "Walk the Line." I was very disappointed at the fact that it wasn't nominated for Best Picture, although it probably would've done me in if "Crash" had beaten it. Now, everyone tells me Crash is great, so I will have to check it out and see what I think.

The highlight of my evening watching The Oscars was when my mother, whom I didn't think knew Joaquin Phoenix from Jacques Cousteau, said "I can't believe he didn't win best actor. This guy from Capote is weird," as she walked out of the room and was done with The Oscars.

I tried to explain to her that in my years as The World's Biggest River Phoenix Fan (No joke. My friends called to make sure I was OK when he died.) that the Phoenixes will never get any Oscar love and we've all come to understand that.

Jon Stewart was freaking hilarious last night. Loved him. But I always do.

3 comment(s):

And hot in that dorky, political way. I thought he was Jewish, but you can bet I'll be trolling Google to find out for sure!!!!

By Blogger Laura, at 3/06/2006 2:06 PM  

I love Jon Stewart! And I'm a Republican!! I think he's a perfect middle person, because he makes light and fun...OF EVERYONE.

And that's a good place to be. He is, in a word, brilliant.

Go Reese. I love her! I HAVE SUCH A CRUSH ON HER!! I'm single, hetero and a girl. It's a girl crush. She said, at one time, that she had a crush on Britney Spears. So there.

I bet she thinks differently now. Anyway, I digress. Good on her.

And LJ - go rent 'Crash'. It's PHENOMENAL. Very eye-opening.

xxoo

By Blogger TanteToma, at 3/06/2006 4:45 PM  

CoffeeBigPlz: ;o) Me too!!! I love blogland!!!

By Blogger TanteToma, at 3/06/2006 11:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home