Does anybody read these?

Friday, May 12, 2006

Another quick one...

Well, I'd hoped to write you all the big, giant post I'd promised, but it's not happening right now.

Why? Because I got a call at about 8 p.m. last night, and Round Two of the craziness began.

Remember the dream job? Remember the cover letter I needed to nail like Mary Lou Retton on the vault? Well, apparently I did. Because out of the hundreds of applicants, I was chosen to come in for an interview today.

It's exciting, but I'm nervous as hell. Seriously, getting this job would be an ENORMOUS move for me professionally. I need to sell myself, but I think the sheer competition for the position is very intimidating. I am going to breathe deeply, say a little prayer, and know that if it's God's will everything will turn out perfectly. I think that all the mis-steps on this trip actually allowing me to be here for the interview is a very good sign. It's obviously where I'm supposed to be at this point in my life.

I just hope I don't puke. Because seriously, I want to.

In other related news, a housing update. I think I am officially not homeless anymore. Actually, technically not "officially," but pretty darn close. I met a great gal yesterday with an awesome place. Fantastic neighborhood. Like Lamar-Alexander-lives-down-the-street fantastic. (We'll work on that around election time!) Absolutely wonderful house. Very reasonable price. And someone that I'd be honored to call my friend and my roommate. The potential is definitely there.

Well, boys and girls, I must get ready for my interview now. Much to do in the next hour or so.

I promise a big, long update on all things Nashville when I get home tonight. Or maybe after I wake up in the morning...

1 comment(s):

You go Girl! You deserve it..keep us posted

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2006 12:36 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home