Does anybody read these?

Saturday, May 06, 2006

The diet...

So, I went back on the diet this week. I haven't said anything because I try really hard to not make this a diet-exercise journal. Trust me, if I get really obsessed with calories and reps you will thank me for that later. Sometimes I get really OCD about it. That's a little bit of a good thing, little bit of a bad thing.

But I've been watching everything I eat lately. I haven't hauled my big, fat ass out for a walk yet, but I've got a list of excuses as long as my arm. (I'm working on that, really.) I will probably make it today if it ever manages to warm up. But right now I am cooooolllllddddd. See, another excuse.

I probably shouldn't make any excuses. You see, I'm not the only one on a diet. The Boy (yes, the one who used to have yellow hair. It hasn't been yellow for a while. I keep thinking it'll turn up yellow again. I just find it odd that it's been yellow for years, I mention I don't like the yellow and now it's not yellow. Surely that is coincidental. I'm thinking he woke up one day and said "Holy shit, I'm in my 30s and I dye my hair yellow!" and stopped. Not because of me. Anyhow, I digress.) The Boy is on a diet, apparently. My friend Alexis has this little ritual that started somewhere last year. She has a friend from Hawaii who brought some cookies that are made there that all good Island Boys would love. So, at a show they decided that they were going to give some to the Princess. Well, what's a better way to get cookies to the Princess than to give them to his trusty right-hand man, right? Except the Princess, like me, is perpetually dieting. That's how he has abs you want to eat ice cream off of. Anyhow, according to the tale, they gave the cookies to The Boy to give to his boss. The Boy takes the cookies onto the bus. He comes back later with one of the band members. Both of them are covered in cookie crumbs and they tell the girls that the Priness really loves the cookies. No one's really sure if the Princess even knew about the cookies.

Anyhow, everytime Alexis sees The Boy now, she brings him cookies just for him since he likes them so much. When she saw him a few weeks ago, he just about knocked her over to get the cookies. Last night when she went to give him his cookies, he patted his tummy and told her he couldn't have them. He finally took them later in the evening and gave them to another guy on the crew, who seemed very excited to have them. So, The Boy isn't eating cookies? On a diet? Hmmmmm... He did look a little thinner in the most recent picture I've seen of him. (He also looked so effing hot I thought I'd pass out, but maybe that's a story for a different day. Maybe not.)

But, you see, if The Boy isn't eating cookies and is trying to lose weight, the pressure is on for me. Not that I didn't want to lose weight before, but if he is honestly putting effort in then I probably should too. He knows he's just fine the way he is; I've been the one worried that I wasn't just fine the way I am. Everyone tells me I am, but frankly they are my friends and they are supposed to love me just the way I am. Maybe I need meaner friends. I mean, I'll admit that I'm a very cute person. I'm just a cute person who needs to lose 50-80 pounds. Urggh.

All in all, I've done great this week. Of course, it's only the first week. I've been having delicious shakes (which are neither delicious or shakes, really) every morning plus a sensible lunch and dinner. Do I sound like an infomercial yet? My only indiscretion was a small order of chili cheese fries at Sonic yesterday. And I deserved it when I dropped a cherry limeaid on my brand new tan sandals, don't you think?

I just haven't been exercising. I know I should, but I always seem to find something better to do.

Oh well, I've always liked a little friendly competition. But when we get finished he better still look more like Kevin James and less like Lindsay Lohan.

2 comment(s):

First tip he should give them to a crew member we don't all like so much. Secondly I keep telling you that you are going to hate me once we are neighbors. It is hard to be on you about working out/eating when we live so far away from each other. I was even looking into purchasing a few weight loss journals. Oh stop, you know you love me!

By Blogger rosalie, at 5/08/2006 1:36 PM  

Y'all are lucky that I update the blog on a semi-regular basis, so don't think I'll be starting ANOTHER journal anytime soon.

I've been motivated lately. It should last a while...

By Blogger Laura, at 5/08/2006 6:04 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home