Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Stupid Things People Say

So my brother calls me yesterday.

"What do you want for your birthday?" he asks.

"Well, I have a whole list of CDs I need to buy. Tim McGraw's Greatest Hits, Phil Vassar's Greatest Hits, the new Nick Lachey CD, Live Trucker..." I reply.

His next question: "What's Live Trucker?"

Oh, that's just the best CD ever. Kid Rock. Live. Recorded in Detroit.

So he decides he is rushing off to buy Live Trucker. For himself.

And then he wants to know AGAIN what my list of CDs was. So I say, "How about you just buy me an iTunes gift card and I can get them myself."

My brother, who does very well for himself and has whatever his heart desires, knows nothing about iTunes and iPods. Now that I've told him, I'm sure he'll have a 60 GB iPod before dinner. He asks me where he can get one of these iTunes cards. I tell him they have them pretty much anywhere or he can order it online at the Apple Store.

By this point in our conversation, my brother's truck (Big Blue, as he calls it) has arrived at Best Buy. So he decides to go see if they have one of these iTunes cards. (Duh, but whatever.)

So, he goes inside and asks the employee: "Do you have some of those iTunes gift cards?"

The guy replies (not making this up): "No, but we have these little cards that you buy for a pre-set amount that you can use on iTunes."

Hmmmm...wonder what they call those. Whatever they are, I've got $50 of free music coming in the mail very soon. Watch out, Nick Lachey!!!!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home