Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Zoo

So, last night I got a call from my friend Karen reminding me we were going to the zoo today.

Karen used to live in Nashville and she and her hubby brought their three kids to see all their friends. I found out that Karen went to church Sunday morning at the church on the corner by my house. That was kind of funny, but it explains why I've thought that place sounded familiar the whole time I've been here. Everytime I went by on my evening walks, I'd think "WHO goes to that church? Someone has mentioned it before."

Anyhow, I met Doug and Karen and their three boys at the zoo. I hadn't seen the boys for a while, but we didn't even miss a beat. I held Andrew's hand as we went around the zoo. He even liked that I had a pocket in my bib overalls for his little disposable camera. (See, I could be a mom. I knew kids=lots of pockets.)

The best part? The zoo was free. They have a family membership and that let's them bring a guest!!!

I had a great day and I loved meeting up with old friends. It was a great time.

Song of the Day: Life is Good by Kenny Chesney.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home