Does anybody read these?

Sunday, June 25, 2006

I got so excited about Keith and Nicole that I forgot...

... the most important part of the church post!!!!!

We never know when God will surprise us. And no matter how hard we try to do things on our own, He's very careful to remind us that we are not in charge.

I think I told you all how stressed I am right now. I'm very worried about the job situation. I'm very worried that I've made the right choice, even though I know in my heart that this is where God wants me to be. I am still struggling with it. I think that I will be fine if I can get some type of job, but that hasn't materialized lately. I don't remember how bad I made it sound here, but lately I've been in a full-fledged panic attack most of the time. I am terrified that I'm going to end up down here with no job and have to go home with no savings and no plan. Every day that gets closer to the end of unemployment the more I worry about this.

So, in addition to getting a plan together this week, I've been praying. Lots.

And this was today's gospel. (And 10 bonus points if you correctly guess which evangelist wrote this. Stop laughing at me. Now.)

On that day, as evening drew on, Jesus said to his disciples:
“Let us cross to the other side.”
Leaving the crowd, they took Jesus with them in the boat just as he was.
And other boats were with him.
A violent squall came up and waves were breaking over the boat,
so that it was already filling up.
Jesus was in the stern, asleep on a cushion.
They woke him and said to him,
“Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?”
He woke up,
rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Quiet! Be still!”
The wind ceased and there was great calm.
Then he asked them, “Why are you terrified?
Do you not yet have faith?”
They were filled with great awe and said to one another,
“Who then is this whom even wind and sea obey?”

Mark 4: 35-41

God will not let me perish. There is no need to be terrified. I just have to have faith. More faith than I've ever had before in my life, I think, but that's not a bad thing.

He can move mountains. He can move oceans. He can calm the sea and quiet the wind.

Surely helping me find a job and continue with his plan is nothing in a day's work for the Lord.

But all your prayers still help.

1 comment(s):

LJ
I've enjoyed your posts on kforum and had to read more of your thoughts. Two years ago my mother passed away and I felt like an orphan, a 51 yr old orphan. As I carried her things to her bedroom, a scrap of paper fell from her Bible. Maybe this will help you as it did me to face an uncertain future.
Joshua I Vs. 7, 8, & 9.
Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee; turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shall have good success.
Have not I commanded thee. Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

In the 2 years since, I've stood on this more than once battling probate, etc. Now I'm battling probate in Texas by phone, a bigger challenge, (ie. headache). KC forum has been a godsend to find humor and joy and very nice people. I'm especially enjoying Candi's stories, (giggle), and your observations on the K man.
Hope this helps. God Bless
Claudia (cad)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/27/2006 4:12 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home