Does anybody read these?

Friday, July 14, 2006

Updates...

First of all, I went to see Blue County at Dave & Buster's last night. I had never been there before. What a fun place! And I actually liked their food. If Shopryland (I didn't make that up, but I liked it and I stole it) weren't so chaotic most of the time, D&B's might be a good place for a date. Not like I have dates, but if I did I might want to go there. The music was great, and Scott and Aaron are soooo much fun. You go to too many concerts when folks recognize you. Scott and Aaron were glad that I'd moved to Tennessee, and the girl at the radio station asked me how my sandbar passes were on Saturday. I ended up eating dinner with a girl from KennyLand. I didn't remember her name until the end of the evening when we exchanged email addresses, but I think I managed pretty gracefully. We're planning to meet up again next week because I guess there is a free concert every week.

Speaking of BC, if you go to CMT's Web site, you can watch their new video "Firecrackers and Ferris Wheels." If you like it, e-mail CMT and call your local country station and request it. These guys are amazing artists and they need all the help they can get. Their first CD was good, and their second CD is going to be much better.

I kinda-sorta have a job. The temp agency found me something that is better than no job at all. But I am still working my ass off to find a "real" job. I sent out a lot of resumes over the last few days, and some of them have been the best opportunities I've seen since I got here. Not jinxing anything, but I have a few great leads, and I'm hoping something will materialize.

I just don't want to work constantly to make ends meet. And until I get a really good job I'm going to have to do that for now. I'm just sick of being poor. So, I am still pounding the pavement, but I'm going to try my hand at some other stuff too. I just hope I find something soon, because I totally don't want to be an admin the rest of my life. I'm not saying that to diminish those who are admins, because I know it's a very important job. God knows I've loved every admin I've worked with. But we all know that I'm here because I want to focus on my writing and my media work. Being an admin just isn't going to get me where I need to be career-wise. BUT if I have to stay there I'll get insurance in 90 days, so maybe I can get my two baby teeth that have decided to call it quits after 30 years taken care of.

So, I guess I'm not going to be homeless anytime soon. (I don't think.) I am really starting to love it here, and I can't wait until I get a gig that's pretty 9 to 5 so I can focus on getting a life other than job-hunting. I had a lot of fun out over the weekend, but it's sooo hard when you don't have a job.

I have been thinking about things I hate about being poor. I really do not like buying all my hair products at Wal-mart. I'm hoping I'll be able to scrape together money to at least get my hair cut sometime soon. I need something that works a little better with humidity, I think.

I hate that I always buy all my bras at the same time, and it's just about time for new ones and I can't afford to buy them right now.

I hate that I had to worry about spending $5 on socks last week. That's scary, if you think about it.

But at the same time, I'll hate that I can't work on my couch while I watch Law & Order all day. Small price to pay to not be unemployed, though.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home