Does anybody read these?

Friday, September 08, 2006

Random thoughts

First of all, I'd like to apologize to anyone who may read that last post for whom it was not intended. It's mean. But you know what? Sometimes the only thing you can do is get in someone's face and scream at them. And I have to scream right now. So my head doesn't explode.

Now that I'm done with my passive-aggressive (but leaning more toward aggressive today) rant and its explanation, I thought I'd share a few other things.

First of all, the dog that we've been fostering here -- you know, the one that ate my shoe? Well he ate my rent money. Which was a money order because our landlady won't take checks anymore because the girl she rented to before bounced them like four months in a row. So anyhow, we've got to get that all sorted out. Let's hope we do, because if we don't Carol says she may have to leave Nashville, and that'd make me very sad. I'm sure we'd be able to stay here if we find a new roommate, but I like Carol a lot.

Next, I don't think George Foreman actually invented the George Foreman grill, but I'd like to kiss whoever did because it's made my life sooo much easier.

I have been sober since Monday, and it's highly overrated. I don't think I'd really be up at 2:30 a.m. caring about people who don't matter if I were drunk.

I'm also worrying about a few people who matter, but that's for a different day.

The new orange drink at Sonic is very good. I love Sonic.

I know a lot of my friends read my blog. If you've emailed me lately and haven't heard back, don't panic. I'm seriously busy. (If you couldn't notice by the frequency of my posts lately.) No time. Hopefully it'll all settle down weekly.

I wonder if a doctor had never told me I was allergic to cigarettes if I could still smoke them. Because after spending last week hanging out with smokers, especially while drinking, I really want to smoke. But my friends won't let me. Something about loving me and it killing me and blah blah blah. All I could hear was "Marlboro," ummkay?

I have a few things I'd say in this space right here if I didn't have an audience. But I do. So y'all will have to wait until I am a) really drunk b) really tired c) really pissed or d) all three. Of course, last time I was all three, blogging was the last thing on my mind.

I had one final thought, but as I typed it I realized it made me sound like an uber-bitch so I decided to delete it. Really, I am a nice person. And honestly, if I really can't stand you, I'll just pretend you're dead so I still don't have to be mean to you. Not a mean bone in my body. So ix-nay on the bitch comments.

Lastly, and then I'm going to take a power nap before I'm up at 6:30 to get ready for work. Song of the day: Turn the Page by Bob Seger. It's a classic.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home