Does anybody read these?

Sunday, August 20, 2006

An odd day

I've been exhausted from all the working I've been doing lately. I went to bed at 10:30 p.m. last night (after taking a mid-afternoon nap) and stayed asleep until 10 a.m. I got ready for church and headed over to St. Ann's.

I really needed to get back to church. I'm glad I went. The homily was a big monologue on how people don't act properly in church, which needed to be said but didn't really change anything. People still almost plowed Father over to be the first out the door. Luckily the choir was very good about singing songs that reminded me that God hears me, He is in charge, and I'm going to be fine.

God had an interesting sense of humor today. I can't really tell the whole story in mixed company, but I think he gave me some signs that I needed today. And I was issued a challenge, and everyone knows I like a good challenge. That'll help. (The challenge came from a friend, not God, but I'm not positive they are not co-conspirators!)

I ended up heading to the Second Fiddle after church to catch up with my little singing man. I've been so busy working that I haven't seen him in ages. As always, we had lots of fun. Then I came home, ate lunch, took a nap, hang out with my roommates and went to Kroger.

I live a riveting life, I tell ya.

Anyhow, life is still insane. I need to get some stability in my life. I am working on it.

Song of the day: "Want To" by Sugarland.

Yes, it disturbs me that I like this song so much. A few people know why it's today's song. It's actually quite good. I like to pretend Jennifer Nettles doesn't sing it.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home