Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What a difference a year makes!

So, I just realized that it's been a little over a year since I started blogging. Wow, what an interesting road it's been. I guess I could post some big, long nostalgic post here, but I'm really not in the mood. After this weekend, I'm kind of over my limit on nostalgia.

As I'm writing this, I've had 12,552 visitors. Some of them I'd rather have not had, but most of you are very cool. I finally met a few of my IIFs this weekend, and I can safely say that they are wonderful people. They put up with a lot of my shit. And as Kay said "Really, your bloggy-blog did NOT prepare them for that."

There have been not-so-nice folks on my blog too, but they have made it kind of fun. There have been a few things that I may have never said if y'all hadn't inspired my inner ballsiness. So, for that I guess I should thank you. As for the other stuff, well you know what mama always said...

In 47 page views, I'll hit 20,000. So yes, I guess people do really read these things.

Thanks to my friends who still have to listen to me bitch, especially when I don't have my laptop with me. But I do have a creative outlet. Hell, some days I almost feel like a real writer.

This time last year, I'd just gotten done with seeing the Pretty Princess and TBWYH for the year. I was still in Ohio and Sparky had just arrived in my life.

One year and several doggie toys, treats and sweaters later, I am in Nashville with my roommate's dog and Sparky is a regular fixture on my parents' farm with no intentions of going everywhere, even though we have a nice yard right here in the city. I miss him.

This past year has been a lot of new beginnings. I'm moving forward and despite my gripes and being busier than one person should ever be, life is grand. I'd say there's nothing I'd change, but that's a lie. There are a few things I'd change, but that's not anything to worry about because you can't change the past. And besides, mistakes are not necessarily a bad thing if you learn from them and move on.

So, I want to thank all of my visitors and friends new and old. Y'all have made this a lot of fun. And just as I predicted, y'all have reminded me when I've been shirking my blogging duties. It's a tad bit creepy having my diary online for any Tom, Dick and Harry to read, but at the same time, I've got a much better record of the last year than I would've had if I'd put it down on paper.

Oh, and the song of the day: Every Mile a Memory by Dierks Bentley. Seriously, he can sing it to me anytime he wants.

2 comment(s):

Girl. . . I've enjoyed the past year with you as well. I have enjoyed your wit and your humor. Thanks for hangin' it out there for us all.

I had a fantastic time this weekend, Cruzan and all, I wouldn't have changed it one bit.

Keep on doin' what you're doin'; I for one enjoy it!

By Blogger Sheri, at 9/06/2006 9:00 AM  

Yes but you didn't scare me too much... as she cowers in the corner....

Just let "Jesus take the Wheel" ~LOL

By Blogger one4JC, at 9/08/2006 9:55 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home