Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Agghhh, Tuesday!

Today is one of my busy days. I got up at 6:30 to be downtown by 8 for work. Then it's straight to my other job. That should be interesting, because I'm sure they want me to stand up and I am having some sort of back pain. It's gotten better after a round of eating Aleve like candy, but it still hurts very much to walk and/or stand. But I am so poor right now that I can't afford to call in sick even for a 3 1/2 hour shift. Have I mentioned yet today how frustrating my life is right now?

It's looking like my checking account is a tad bit overdrawn, which is bad. Thank goodness that my roommate lent me $20 so that I could get my car out of the parking garage. I'm not sure why there is a $0 available balance on my checking account, but I will investigate tomorrow. I know I deposited my paycheck a little later than usual this week, so I'm guessing I will just be very broke until everything gets deposited on Thursday. I think it's just holds against my account not actual payments, so perhaps I won't get overdraft fees. I wonder if there is some sort of automatic payment that went out that I don't know about. Part of the problem was my insurance being taken out on a different day than usual, but I'm going to email them again and tell them I'm switching back mailing my check in until I get everything in order. I'm trying to be responsible and keep my bills paid on time, but right now that requires a lot of manuevering.

So, that brings me to a topic that I'm sure will be discussed if I manage to find time this week. I am not sure what I'm going to do about next weekend (again!). I am supposed to be responsible for getting Kay to Amy's house, and I'm supposed to go meet up with Jenn in Chicago, but at this point it's looking like I might just have to take a loss on the tickets rather than spend the gas money to go up there. I hate to even think about it, but I'm not sure what else to do. When all of this was planned I didn't realize that gas would be more than $3/gallon. I also thought that I'd have a job. Basically, I don't want to disappoint people, including me. But at the same time, I need to act like a grown-up. There is the issue of Kay being stranded, which isn't a good thing either.

The whole thing's disaster. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen. Even though I wouldn't get paid next week if I got a new job, if I knew steady income were on its way, I could justify the trip. I just don't want to let down my blog friends I'm supposed to meet. I don't want Kay to have to hitch-hike.

Just venting. Must leave now. Time to go out for Round 2.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home