Does anybody read these?

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lou-lou-ville Part Deux

So I headed to Louisville last night after work. I left an hour early with the intentions of getting to Louisville in time for the free Craig Morgan concert on 4th Street.

Well, you know what they say about the best-laid plans...

I went to leave my normal parking garage and reached in my purse to grab $5 out of my wallet to pay the nice man who helps me everyday.

But yesterday was different. Mostly because my wallet was missing.

I've never actually accidentally stiffed the parking garage attendant before, so I wasn't sure what to do at that point. Luckily, he said he knew me and I parked there everyday and to just to pay double tomorrow.

So at that point I'm out of the garage, but my wallet is missing and I have nowhere to park to go looking for it Downtown. I called my roommate, called the office and retraced my steps. No sign of my wallet anywhere.

I decided to head home to find it, hoping that it was at my house and then I could be on my way. I battled traffic and was on the exit to my house when I decided to look in the console of my car (which I NEVER use for anything).

And there it was. I spun around on the exit, called Toma and headed North to Louisville.

I arrived toward the tail-end of the Craig Morgan concert, but I got to hear a couple of good songs and fantasize a little about running my hands through his curls. Then we headed back to the hotel. It was pretty crowded, but I enjoyed what little of the show I saw.

Toma was staying at the Galt House in Downtown Louisville. It brands itself as the "only luxury hotel on the banks of the Ohio River in Louisville." And that it is.

I had seen the Galt House many times on my adventures in Louisville. It's a very beautiful place. I'd always imagined that perhaps The Pretty Princess met his secret girlfriend there for a rendezvous or two. But then I remembered that she's so secret he doesn't even know about her.

Regardless, it's a hotel fit for a princess, Pretty or not. If I ever found myself in Louisville for some reason, I'd probably stay there if I wanted to splurge. The room was big and beautiful, the staff was nice, and I'm not sure you can really put a price on the view.

I just needed to get away, even if it was only for an evening. I very much appreciated the opportunity to be completely out-of-pocket for a night. I just caught up with Toma and enjoyed some pizza and drinks. We just hung out, and I didn't really worry about anything for a night. It was nice to watch Law & Order (at the "right" time) and veg.

But then morning came (much too early, I might add!), and it was time to get back to reality. My journey back to Nashville was long and tedious. A little-known fact about me: I get car-sick when I drive sometimes. My doctor says other people have this happen to them too. Unfortunately, most motion-sickness medicine makes you drowsy, so it's not good for driving. Anyhow, what a pain to deal with. And then 65 was closed in both directions in Nowheresville, Ky., so I went on a little detour. I finally made it to work 30 minutes late, only to find out downtown Nashville has no parking at 8:30. Oops. But I finally made it, and here I am.

Interesting side note while I have your attention: CMT has replaced the "CMT Loves Fanatics" billboard on Commerce with a new one that advertises their "Sure Thing Friday Night" line-up. It's got Jeff Foxworthy, the Dukes, something else...

How's about a sure thing on CMT would be if they actually placed some country music? That is still what the C and the M stand for, right?

3 comment(s):

So great to see you - thanks for making the drive all that way. Like I said; our time was short...but it certainly was SWEET!!!

And thanks for picking the meat off of my VEGETARIAN pizza. I love you to bits!

xxoo

By Blogger TanteToma, at 8/17/2006 10:05 PM  

Sounds like you had a great time! And I HATE that panic when you cant find your wallet. Glad you found it..glad you had such a great time. You deserve it!

By Blogger Kelli, at 8/20/2006 8:00 AM  

You should have let me know you were coming to town, I'd love to meet up with you next time you're here.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2006 11:20 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home