Does anybody read these?

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Oh wow, a day off!!!!

So, tomorrow I have a day off. I'm beyond excited. First of all, I am going in a few hours to pick Miss Kay up at the airport, and then we are going to dinner and for some drunken debauchery. Someone might not be safe tonight!!! We'll see, but I'm feeling frisky!!!!

Anyhoo, no work tomorrow, so Kay and I can have lots of fun. I'm sure that watching Bobby sing is on the agenda. He's so fun.

After today at work, I need a drink. Or eight. The jackass came to spy on my event and when it went well, he decided to jump my shit about other things. But my boss noticed that he had me agitated, so I'm sure that he will hear all about it. I was really pissed off. I don't care if he wants to yell at me about bullshit, but he needs to do it when I don't have a half-dozen kids eating cookies and working on a craft activity. But overall we had a lot of fun, and I was pleased with the job I did.

So, I started my new temp job this week. I enjoy it, but it is really busy. The work is boring as hell, but there is plenty of it. I'm getting the hang of it, and all the people seem nice, but it's non-stop. The office does have an on-site gym, and I've worked out every day this week and eaten healthy stuff. Although last night I did end up at Krystal. Damn chili cheese fries.

However, I had a great interview for a great job. It's a job where all I'd do is write. Yay, writing! I have a second interview this week, and I really do think I could get it. I'm very excited about it. I would absolutely love working there, and I'd do a great job. I'm going to do my best on Wednesday, but any prayers or warm fuzzy thoughts you can spare would be great.

Life is grand. I'm busy, but I'm happy. Everything is really just starting to shape up, and it's very exciting. As I write this I'm on the couch of my big house in a great neighborhood where I live with two wonderful people. Two beautiful dogs are lounging at my feet. One of my best friends is coming to visit in three hours. There is food in my cupboard and gas in my car. I even bought a cute new pair of jeans this week. I'm going out tonight to dance with cowboys. I truly am blessed.

I do miss my family and wish I could get home soon. I think when I get this job I will take off for a few days and catch up with everyone. I need to get my winter clothes, too. It's cold here!

In music news, everyone should check out the new People -- the one with the Pretty Princess on the front. It's an all-Nashville issue and there's lots of great stuff on our fine city. And if you look really close, there's a picture of a certain boy with yellow hair looking very grumpy. Ha ha. I also think that the Poverty Neck Hillbillies are a band to watch, and Trent Tomlinson's new song, "A wing in the fire" is absolutely fantastic.

2 comment(s):

Uh huh. YOU think it is cold there? It must actually BE cold there then as you are a Yankee!

By Blogger Unknown, at 10/14/2006 6:34 PM  

How was your weekend of debauchery? Can't wait to hear all about it. And...the 2nd interview? Girl, I have been praying you up EVERY DAY in my morning devotions. Did it work? LOVE YOU!!! xoxo

By Blogger TanteToma, at 10/18/2006 1:20 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home