Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ramblings

Last night before I went to bed (OK, it was sort of early this morning.), I had this long post in my head that I was going to share with y'all. Unfortunately, it seems to have left my brain. Perhaps it's because Kay says that I shouldn't talk about certain things here. That's probably true. And what's my business and I want to share isn't always just my business to share, if that makes sense.

It's going to be a slow day at work today, but someone brought bagels from Panera, so yum. I'm pretty much done with all my work and it's 9:22, so I may just get my office a little more organized. I've been meaning to move the furniture around.

Did you ever want to not get out of bed in the morning, just hoping that you could freeze time? I know it's absolutely silly, but I did that this morning. Despite the fact that I had to sleep on the couch, last night was the first restful night of sleep that I've had in ages. When I woke up this morning, I felt refreshed, but I hesitated to get out from under the warmth of my down comforter. I barely budged when Toffee ran across the room and climbed on the couch to give me some morning kisses. And yes, just a little part of me thought that if I didn't get out of bed, if I just stayed there huddled under the covers with my eyes closed, that maybe the day wouldn't go on.

I can't think of many times in my life that have been better than the last month. I am absolutely, positively dreading waking up and knowing that I'm not going to get to see someone's smiling face in a few days. I don't think that this is an ending; it's merely a change. I, however, have never been a big fan of change. Some things are changing for the better, but I don't like the idea of being so far away. And yes, I know that people have e-mails and telephones and things like that, and that's great. It's just not the same. There's just something about being physically close to someone ...

So, nothing too exciting to report. I'm having Turkey Day here because my family is finally bringing my furniture. Does this mean they believe in me now? I guess we will see. I believe in me, and I'm doing great, so I'm not too worried about it.

Today's song of the day (I know, it's been a while!) is a song I fell in love with when it was the song in the trailers for the movie About A Boy, which is one of my favorite films. I love Nick Hornsby, and I love Hugh Grant, and this was one of those films that I ran out to get at Media Play the second it came out. I also fell in love with this song, although that's hardly why I'm mentioning it five years later. This song just seems appropriate right now. It's "Superman" by Five For Fighting.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home