Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Girlie phone

Last week, I ran over to the T-mobile store to pay my bill. Just recently I was lamenting that while I love my Motorola v330, it's starting to have some problems like not charging correctly. It's a pain in the ass to grab your phone after it's been charging all night to see one bar of battery life. However, I had no intentions of replacing my phone anytime soon unless T-mobile gave me a good deal (read: free) on a new phone. That's how I got the v330 in the first place. Because I've been a customer as long as there's been a T-mobile (longer, actually...) they generally upgrade my phone anytime my contract is up, and it was set to expire December 27.

Well, when I went in to pay my bill, I started talking to the girl working at the store and the next thing I know, she mentions that it's customer appreciation week, and for the first time ever, T-mobile is giving a better deal on phones to existing customers than to new ones. There was a Samsung I could get for free, or I could get a shiny, new Motorola Razr for $30. The Razr came in magenta or the ugliest shade of gray I've ever seen. Black cost extra. (Your guess is as good as mine on that.) So, even though I am not a girlie-girl at all, I now have a very girlie phone.

But it's an awesome phone. Aside from the fact that it's bright pink, I love this phone. It's made out of aluminum, and it's light (although it shows marks like a bitch). The screen is big and colorful and it takes great pictures. You can barely tell the difference when you use speakerphone. And, best of all, it has an awesome antenna, and I finally get service in my entire house!

The only downside that I can find so far is that if I want to assign someone their own ring tone, I have to save them to my phone instead of my SIM card. So when I change phones the next time, that'll be a huge pain in the ass.

It also looks a little dainty, and I worry that I'm going to hurt it at some point. I'm not exactly good with fragile things. I am not sure how many times I dropped my phone last Monday, and I still haven't found my ring...

I just wish the damn thing wasn't pink, but apparently everyone needs to be a little girlie once in a while.

4 comment(s):

Funny that the same week that I got a red one, you got a pink one. Now I only had black or red to choose from and Randy got the black one so...you know. I would have rather had pink lol. But I do LOVE my new phone!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/19/2006 8:21 PM  

I like my RAZR too! I have had thoughts of turning it in over the oil and make up my face leaves on the pretty display, it is a tad hard to clean. Then I am like, " Wait fool! It is a freakin phone!"
LOL

PS - they no longer make black it was a limited edition and that is why it cost more.
PPS - I have a black one. But my choice was black or FUGLY grey. It didn't cost extra as it was a while ago.
PPPS - They fit sweetly in your back pocket if you need to go sans purse (aka concert or bar)

By Blogger Unknown, at 12/20/2006 4:53 AM  

Thank you for the low-down on the black one. It was so pretty and shiny, but not $20 of pretty and shiny.

It does get dirty very easily, but I hear cell phones are germ-y regardless.

And I've learned about this back pocket trick. It's very nice.

By Blogger Laura, at 12/20/2006 8:52 AM  

My husband knows about the back pocket trick also, but he broke ours in the back pocket, so be careful!

By Blogger Sheri, at 12/20/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home