Does anybody read these?

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Cold...

I wish I didn't have to go to work today because I can't breathe. I took two Benadryl before bed, so I'm realizing that I really do have a cold, and it's not my allergies.

Carol woke me up early and asked me if I smelled something. She said the furnace was making some weird smell. I couldn't smell anything. My nose is stuffed up.

She was supposed to go to a retreat for church today, but instead she waited for the Heating and Cooling guys to come. It turns out that we have a broken part, and it's going to be $425 to fix it. But it's only been cold for 4 hours and I'm freezing, so I really don't want to think about if we didn't fix it. I'm quite attached to my fingers and feeling them is a very good thing. I have baseboard heaters in my room, but I don't want to move everything away from the wall to use them. This is why I wanted my bed under the other window, but I digress.

Oh, and while the repair guys pulled in, our mentally-unstable-redneck-from-hell neighbor stood on her front stoop and laughed at our misfortune. I should hook her up with some folks who could tell her all about knitting. She's a class act.

So, I'm cold and I have a cold. And I have to leave for work in 35 minutes, although I doubt that there will be anyone greeting me at the door to tell me I'm late this week.

And speaking of that. Yeah, I still feel the same way I did yesterday. I think it's stupid that he's all miserable and alone when I am totally willing to help him out with that. I won't let him fail. But not my call. And it sounds like he has bigger concerns than little ol' me right now. And friendship comes first. So, while my week-long rant was very cathartic, I just to be there for him. That's all it's ever been about, anyhow.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home