Does anybody read these?

Monday, January 15, 2007

Thought of the day...

I hate that effing toy store.

Originally, this was going to be a big, long post, but that's all I have to say. And when I get $500 dental bills, I can't help but think I have to work there forever.

And as long as I'm there, I will think about what might've been if I'd had enough balls to just walk away from it. I will always blame myself for the time that I gave up the opportunity for something great because of a part-time job that I don't really need. I could budget better. I could give up things like whiskey, new clothes and island vacations. I could walk away from it all.
But instead, I chose to stay and someone else walked away.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, the song of the day is "I Can't Lie to Me" by Clay Davidson. Bobby sings this every Tuesday, and it's really an amazing song. And lately it's been reminding more of someone than that damn Five for Fighting song.

Here's the chorus:

Well, I've got everybody thinkin' I'm superman strong
But that big ole "s" ain't on my chest at night when I get home
One look at my reflection and lonely's all I see
I can tell 'em all I'm glad you're gone
But the truth is I can't lie to me.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home