Does anybody read these?

Monday, January 15, 2007

The hostility has subsided...

I'm pleased to announce that I am back to my normal self. I seem to be sober, which is good. The only real issue I have is that my sinuses are killing me.

I would also like to point out that the funk I have been in was no one else's fault. I made some bad decisions, and that's just how it is. I can't erase them now. What's done is done.

I just don't know how done it is. I guess that's something we'll learn as time passes.

They say when God closes one door, He opens another. It's always been true before, so I have no reason to believe that anything has changed. Whatever is His will is what is going to happen. Everything's part of His plan, and I should know that by now. I'm just too impatient for my own good, I think. (This could have something to do with the fact that I'm not getting any younger and I'm pretty sure that I am not Sarah or Elizabeth, but oh well.)

I was doing just fine before, and I'm fine again today. I guess it was all just a blip. But it was a very nice blip. I had fun. Hopefully once the dust settles I'll have a great friend. And nothing in life is guaranteed. Anything could happen.

I just can't sit around counting on that. Much like I was just doing my thing and stumbled onto something else, I just have to keep doing that.

And honestly, even though I don't believe it will ever happen, it'd be nice to be a priority in someone's life. Not to be an afterthought. Maybe if someone can't give that to me, it's nice of them to tell me up-front.

Of course, that still means I have to go to bed alone every night, which at this point is what I hate the most.

So, maybe I'm still a little melancholy, or maybe I'm just listening to U218 Singles on iTunes. Regardless, the song of the day is "With or Without You." By the way, does anyone hear that song without thinking of Ross and Rachel from "Friends"?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home