Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

El fin...

The text said: "I'm sorry I lied to you last night."

And with, that it was over. El fin. (Spanish for "The end." for those keeping track at home.)

What did I lie about?

I said I was fine.

I said that we'd be OK.

And when he said "Talk to you later;" I said "OK."

And then I hung up the phone and I cried.

The next morning, I sent the text apologizing, simply because it was too hard to ever hear his voice again.

I felt better, because I'd never, ever lied to him before Saturday night, not even a little bit.

I just wanted to know it ended on an OK note and say goodbye, both of which I did. But it had to be over.

Have you ever had someone in your life that in some ways made you a better person, but in other ways made you a person you did not ever want to be?

Even though I know it's for the best, it still sucks quite a bit.

(In some ways, I'm really, really glad that I've been too busy to blog lately. I'm sure when I look back on this years from now, I'll get what I'm saying even if all of you are at home scratching your heads.)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home