Does anybody read these?

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Parallel

Remember way back when I told you about how my legs didn't work when I was little? And how when I was in kindergarten my mom always knew when we were having gym because the teacher would call and say "Mrs. Richards, every time your daughter runs, she falls flat on her face."

And my mom would say, "I know, but just let her get up and keep trying."

My mom has always encouraged me to get up and keep trying. We don't quit. I just wasn't acceptable in our world. Really, it still isn't.

Here I am 31 years old, and I'd like to get up and keep trying. Yes, I know I might fall again. In fact, I'm almost positive that it will happen. But I don't want to quit. And while it may not look like everything's under control, it is. I promise.

And if it's not, then I'll pull myself up, dust myself off and start running again. But eventually, I'll get to the finish line. It'd probably help if those on the sidelines could cheer me on a little...

Song of the day: "Back in this Cigarette" by Jason Aldean.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home