Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

From the "Duh" Files

So, there's an article on Yahoo music right now about Neil Diamond revealing the inspiration of the song "Sweet Caroline" after being secretive about it for 40 years.

My thought as I clicked on the link: "I always thought it was about Caroline Kennedy. Wonder who it's really about..."

It IS about Caroline Kennedy. I guess everyone else just hadn't figured it out. Neil said he told Caroline recently when he was asked to sing it at her 50th birthday party.

Anyhow, by the time I got done with the article, it was kind of a let-down. Cool to hear all the back-story, but I really, honestly thought that other people thought it was about Kennedy too, and never realized it was some huge secret that people didn't know.

But while we're at it, can we PLEASE find out who inspired "You're So Vain," by Carly Simon. I always thought it was James Taylor, but in the last few years I've changed my mind...

2 comment(s):

Didn't she swear on a stack of Bibles that she'd never tell? THEN - when times got lean a few years back, she sold the secret on eBay - and made the winning bidder sign to high heaven that he'd never reveal?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/08/04/entertainment/main566622.shtml

Okay so it wasn't for her own benefit...but there you go.

Oh - and I should just write this in an email, but I am now, officially, HOOKED on Armstrong and Getty. Podcast them. I listen to them EVERY morning. Elj, it is us - two whipping smart journalists (Okay, I am neither smart nor a journalist...discuss). ANYWAY, it reminds me of us; one far right and one libertarian. They talk about news, politics, and (gasp!) make fun of celebrities.

I pledged my undying love to them when talking about Monday night's AMAs, they referred to our favorite American Idol girl gone country as Carrie UnderFED.

Peeing my pants.

Go take a listen, I think you'll like what you hear. Love you xo

By Blogger TanteToma, at 11/21/2007 3:41 AM  

I always was told it was about Warren Beaty....but then again I am not the musical one in the family???

By Blogger one4JC, at 11/25/2007 12:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home