Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

'Tis the season...

I know everyone always likes to hear what I'm buying myself for Christmas every year. Some would say that laying down a couple grand to go on vacation was present enough, and for the most part it was.

There was, however, one souvenir that I didn't buy for myself while I was there. I just never found exactly what I wanted, although I did come close. It was $130, and I wanted to use that money to buy myself a lobster with a steak stuffed inside it (I know, I know.) so I decided I would get it when I got back. Well, today when I was trying to find the Web site of the jewelry shop, I found a web site that actually has EXACTLY what I wanted for about half the price.

So, sometime soon I will be the proud owner of a Caribbean knot bracelet. I didn't want a hook because way too many people who don't "get" St. John have them. People who have never been there or would probably embarrass themselves if they went. Celebrity endorsements -- whether implied or obvious -- have never really impressed me.

Mostly, I just want an absolutely gorgeous piece of jewelry that I can wear forever that reminds me of my favorite place in the world.

I think this post needs a picture...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The view of St. Thomas and the sea from our pool's deck.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home