Does anybody read these?

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Six weeks

So, I rushed into the kitchen to have half of a sloppy joe before midnight. Then I stopped to chuckle a little.

I haven't been to church since Ash Wednesday. I'm pretty sure I committed some big sins during Lent. Repeatedly.

Really, eating meat on Friday is probably the least of my worries at this point. I got this sudden urge to go to confession -- for many reasons -- but it's the Triduum, so no more confessions until after Easter Sunday.

Oh well.

I know I need to get back to church. It'd probably help me with a lot of my issues. I don't think anything but prayer can help at this point.

But sometimes I suspect that I don't want to hear what God has to say. Because I know that I'm not doing what I'm supposed to.

I'm not sure if I'm going home yet or not. I am absolutely broke, but I promised my family I would be there. I need to get stuff out of storage, and I miss them all.

We'll see how I feel in the morning. On the plus side, if I stay here, I am sure I could pick up a shift at Toys R Us on Saturday, and Michelle said that she'd come over for brunch and go to Church Sunday morning. That'd be nice.

2 comment(s):

I'm celebrating my last Friday tuna sandwich of the year. It really hasn't seemed as hard this year as before, but I always start a countdown on Ash Wednesday. Like somehow no Mexican or Italian on Friday night is a big deal. Don't know how I lived through no meat every Friday when I was younger.

Have a wonderful and blessed Easter. Theresa (Keystone148)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/21/2008 4:58 PM  

Hope you had a good Easter what ever you have decided to do.

By Blogger Daisy, at 3/24/2008 5:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home