Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

More economic stimulation

Last night, we celebrated Cinco de Mayo at a new Mexican place. One of Jen's friends picked it out, and it was good. I liked Pablo, the manager (not to be confused with Pedro, much like the Jose/Jorge incident of 2007). The blue margaritas were OK. They became less OK when we found out that the regular lime margaritas were buy one, get one free. Our waitress didn't tell us that.

She did, however, tell us that Jen's seeing eye dog was not allowed in the restaurant. I thought about a compromise for a minute and then finally said, "There's nothing you can do about it, it's the law." I go lots of places with Jen, and no one has EVER asked Junior to leave before, although you'll all remember last summer when that man almost hit Jen when she crossed the street with her white cane. I guess I don't understand people who totally miss the boat on the laws we have to protect people with disabilities. Of course, that was my professional world for three years...

I decided while I was down that way that it was time to go to Cato and shop for cute underwear. Forget extra guacamole, this is where I stimulated the economy. I got six very cute pairs of undies and some really awesome pajamas.

It's still up in the air if anyone but me will see these, however, I got a text last night that said (in reference to my Myspace page): Why are you single and depressed?

My reply: Don't you hate me after yesterday's temper tantrum?

Him: No, I figured I'd leave you alone to calm down.

Maybe he knows me better than I thought. Maybe it'll all be OK. One thing's for sure: I need to feel loved or there's no point in having a boyfriend, so we really need to figure out what we're doing and what both of us expect if we're going to keep going.

1 comment(s):

You are a wise woman LJ.

By Blogger Sheri, at 5/06/2008 7:09 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home