Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Quitting time

I'm taking a break from the very tedious job of updating the mailing list for my newsletter. I have typed in hundreds of addresses today, and I am starting to go cross-eyed.

I am not getting new tires for my car, because it turns out that my brakes are shot. I'm getting new brakes tonight, and we'll ask him how precarious the tire situation is.

I don't know if I told you that they opened a new rec center next to my work, but I am going and working out everyday. It's ridiculously cheap, and the treadmill kicked my butt today. Just what I needed. I've also been following a pretty strict diet. It's OK, though. Totally worth it.

I'm not sure what to think about this election year. It's hard to look at it with my background in political science. I really want to get on the Obama bandwagon and ride it to the White House, but I don't think his bandwagon is actually going to roll into Pennsylvania Ave anytime soon. And, even if it does, fancy speeches aren't going to fix America after eight years of GWB. I guess I should be less pessimistic, but I prefer to call myself pragmatic. I just don't see him getting the numbers he needs to win. More so, than I saw with Al Gore in 2000. And I loved Al Gore; I just didn't think he could win.

We can't do this eight more years.

That's all I have for now. This has been a long day, and I am ready to make my exit. Yay.

Song of the day: "Men Don't Change" by Amy Dalley. It's on my iPod and I heard it at the gym, and I have had it in my head all day today.

1 comment(s):

I am fearing the same thing the last few days. I don't see Obama getting elected and I don't see our country improving all the much even if he does. I think we are going to be in real trouble before it is all said and done.

By Blogger rosalie, at 5/07/2008 10:12 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home