Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sound bite

Apparently, Senator Biden was on the Today show (I haven't watched since Katie left, even though she annoyed the hell out of me). And he gave examples of how tax credits could help those of us who are suffering. They would keep us in our homes, help us buy groceries or fill up our gas tanks... Or maybe we might buy a new toaster.

I guess the Republicans thought this was hilarious. That people going out and buying toasters might stimulate the economy. Here's a link to the article on Politico.

The fact that the Republicans are poking fun at Joe Biden just shows how out of touch they are with the everyday person. I am definitely the face of the American middle class. I have an extra job to make ends meet, and while it's not a toaster, I have been putting off buying a BLENDER for months because I cannot afford it. A blender. They cost $20, tops. And I can't afford one because it costs $15 bucks more to fill up my gas tank than it did at the beginning of the year. That's also the cost of a blender, for any Republicans (I'm thinking of Governor Super Bitch) who are mathematically-challenged.

I know in the beginning I said I wasn't sure how Barack Obama can change this country. I'm still not sure. But what I know for sure is that none of us will survive four more years of Republicans who make fun of people who are making a decent living (albeit by working two jobs), and still can't afford a basic household appliance.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home