Does anybody read these?

Monday, September 08, 2008

WTF?!?!

So, I was just reading the latest crazy Republican e-mail that one of my friends has sent me. (I'm not sure why she sends them to me, because anyone who knows me knows that I am the polar opposite of Repbulican. I think she might be trying to convert me, but I really don't see that happening unless I accidentally get a lobotomy or something.)

Anyhoo, I contemplated telling her not to send them, but they are somewhat amusing, and the political scientist in me likes to see what the crazies are saying but doesn't have the time and/or energy to figure out where to listen to Sean Hannity here.

This e-mail is definitely top-ten material in my crazy Republican file. Right behind anything that Crazy Bitch says. (I really should stop calling her Crazy Bitch. She could be Vice President. Then again, Crazy Bitch is much nicer than what I call Dick Cheney.)

Apparently some of our more racist and less mentally stable Republicans are trying to get Obama taken off the ballot because -- get this -- they claim he was born in Africa and not Hawaii.

Use your sass here as you say: "Oh no, you didn't."

You see, I have never seen anything to support the claim that Obama was born in Africa. In addition to being a desperate ploy to raise more doubts on his credibility, it's just racist. You know what it says? This man is too black to be President. That's what these racists want you to believe, and that is sick, sick, sick.

But, while we're on this topic. I would like to report that there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that John McCain was not born in the United States. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone, and EVERYONE knows that. So, if I were a Republican, I would not really raise the issue of whether or not Obama is eligible to run because many, many people believe that McCain most likely is not.

And before anyone fights me on this, here's some leisure reading. He probably isn't a natural-born citizen, but I sure don't want Crazy Bitch to be president, so he can run against Obama.

This is from Wikipedia. If you go there, you can see all the sources they cited to come up with this gem, because I'm way too lazy and Article II of the Constitution is not my area of expertise.

John McCain, who ran for the Republican party nomination in 2000 and is the Republican nominee in 2008, was born at the Coco Solo U.S. military base in the Panama Canal Zone to U.S. parents. Although the Panama Canal Zone was not considered to be part of the United States,[6] federal law states: "Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this chapter, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States, is declared to be a citizen of the United States."[7] The law that conferred this status took effect on August 4, 1937, one year after John McCain was born — albeit with retroactive effect, resulting in McCain being declared a U.S. citizen.[8] However, the question as to whether or not he is a citizen from birth cannot be answered by this law because (1) it took effect after his birth and (2) it does not state that the person's citizenship was acquired at birth, only that they are a citizen by means of the law's establishment (and, hence, at the time the law takes effect). Indeed, the law in 1936 stated that all persons born to two US citizen parents outside the "limits and jurisdictions of the United States" are citizens at birth, but the problem is that the Panama Canal Zone was explicitly excluded. (8 U.S.C. 173 (1925): "The term 'United States' shall be construed to mean the United States, and any waters, territory, or other place subject to the jurisdiction thereof, except the Isthmian Canal Zone.") The status of Mr. McCain's citizenship at birth nonetheless remains unsettled.[9]

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home