Does anybody read these?

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Why do we drift apart

Today, I talked to a friend I hadn't talked to in a few weeks. We used to be pretty close and talk about all kinds of things. Yeah, we were pretty close, but somewhere along the way we started drifting apart. Our schedules didn't mesh. I think he thought I wanted to be more than friends (I didn't) and pushed me away a little... Anyhow, I had remembered that he was looking for a groomer for his dog. I had also remembered that one of my coworkers used this groomer across the street from his work. I drove by there today and sent him an email when I got back to my desk.

He emailed me back and told me he appreciated the tip, but he had given his dog away.

That's all his note said.

And I sat there for a few minutes and cried.

How do you go from being good friends who talk about anything to not knowing anything about each other. I don't know how it happens, but it seems to happen a lot lately.

What do you do besides cry? I tried to ask more questions, but I guess we can't hit rewind and go back to where we were.

I have so much love and care to give for people, and it's just hard to accept when friendships run their courses, even when I know it's for the best.

It might've been with him, maybe not. We had fun while it lasted, had a lot in common and enjoyed each other's company. But maybe that's just not enough...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home