Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

God's word

As part of my class, I started getting these daily e-mails that have a little prayer and today's Bible readings. I get them from Fr. Bob at littleflower.org, which is the Web site of the Society of the Little Flower, or St. Terese of Lisieux.

Anyhow, this is today's reading. I think everyone just needs to live like we are children of God. There's so much stress between politics and everything else going on in this country, and I think we just need to get back to basics and follow God's word.

And yes, I know that's a lot harder than it sounds. Believe me.

Reading 1Eph 2:19-22

Brothers and sisters:
You are no longer strangers and sojourners,
but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones
and members of the household of God,
built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets,
with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone.
Through him the whole structure is held together
and grows into a temple sacred in the Lord;
in him you also are being built together
into a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

1 comment(s):

good scripture.
Read the whole chapter to get the big picture. It's a great chapter.
I'm partial to the KJV but that's probably coz that's what I've always read.
speez

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/29/2008 7:22 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home