Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Portia P. Cat

My Cat, Portia Porch Cat (that's what we called her when she rambled from porch to porch looking for food at our condos), is missing. Somehow last night she managed to get outside while Chris was smoking. She never leaves the deck, but there were storms and I think she got scared.

She did, however, leave a mouse on the steps for me, which means that she loves me. I also hope that it means she'll come back.

Portia Cat is very good with Shelby. I have never seen a cat that was so good with a small child. I don't want to have to explain to that child that she's gone, and I know I can never replace her.

Send up some good thoughts that Portia P. Cat will make it home safely once it stops raining. Say a prayer to St. Francis (the patron saint of animals) if that's your thing.

Here's a copy of the Prayer to St. Francis, if you don't have it. It's a good prayer. There's even a song, if you didn't go to Catholic school and have to sing it at 8:15 on Tuesday mornings at mass.

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home