Does anybody read these?

Monday, July 20, 2009

Since we last talked...

I bought all of Shelby's Christmas presents. Things with Chris are going well, and he almost seems like a new man since he got over the first hurdle with all the ex-wife drama. Toys R Us was having sales, so I just went and got her some stuff. I think she will like it all, and I saved a lot of money.

I decided to take a picture of my cart because I wanted to remember the first time I went Christmas shopping as a mom-type person. So, I did it in July and I didn't go with all my girlfriends, it was still a lot of fun.

Photobucket

Toys R Us is going better. I got my first raise in two years, and I am trying really hard to make all of my goals there, mostly so I will get scheduled more hours and not have to clean the whole store by myself, because that pisses me off. It's a good place to work when you have a 2 1/2 year old.

Yesterday, Chris, Shelby and I just got in his truck and drove all over who-knows-where. Really, he wanted to take me out to some backwoods town more than an hour from Nashville to convince me that I wanted to live there. And, it was kind of nice, but I don't think I could find a job that would allow me to not have to drive to Nashville everyday. So, that sucks.

At some point, we want to load up the HHR and just go exploring along the Natchez Trace Parkway. We'll pack a picnic, take some hikes, make some pictures... we just needed more time than we had yesterday.

The HHR, by the way, is my nemesis and my love all at the same time. I'll talk to you more about that later. Just stop making fun of me because I wanted to tow things with it. I didn't know.

Things are not bad. They don't suck. I smiled all day yesterday.

St. John plans are underway. Except, unfortunately, for the plan where I get off my ass and work out to get ready for that race. I HAVE to start that, ASAP. I just haven't been feeling the love for proper diet and exercise lately.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home