Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Catching up

A million moons ago, Brad Paisley sang a song that went a little something like this:
"It's all because two people fell in love..."

That was the theme to last weekend.

I went back to Ohio for my baby brother's (he's 30, but he's still the youngest) wedding. It was a great weekend, but I am still worn out, three days later.

We all stayed at Burr Oak State Park, where we also had the reception. Everything was nice. The dining room overlooking the lake, our cabin overlooking the lake, catching up with family and friends. The weekend was a roaring success.

I think my brother and my new sister-in-law will be happy. They seem happy, so that's a good thing. And I got to see my other brother and sister-in-law and my precious little nephew, who can now say my name. Although he mostly just bosses me around.

Of course, after two whirlwind trips to Ohio, I won't get back for a while. First of all, I am officially out of vacation time at work. Second of all, it costs more than $50 to fill my gas tank right now, and the trip requires three fill-ups. So, I'll be staying close to home for at least a few months.

My birthday is coming up, and I wish I could be excited about turning 35. But I'm old, hormonal, and falling apart, and I really just want it to be another day. I've been so busy with the wedding that everything else has gone to the wayside, especially my Vision Walk fundraising. Maybe I can pull together some last-minute donations, so I'm not completely embarrassed. But it won't be today. I'm working until 10 tonight. That should be fun after a week and a half of no babyland.

After about 30,000 people this weekend asked me when I was getting married, it made me think about it. I told them, politely, that I wouldn't hold my breath, and that's pretty much where I stand. My track record has not been so great. Actually, my track looks a little more like a minefield. It's amazing that I have all my body parts.

Regardless of whether or not I have any desire to put up with men's nonsense, I do need to lose weight. Maybe not as much lose weight as take advantage of the good health benefits one gets from daily exercise. I need to get back to the gym and get back in a routine. It's hard working two jobs, but if I don't make time to take care of my body, it's going to stop working as hard as I ask it too. You have to put something in to get something back. And it's not about looking good or finding a spouse, it's just about making it one more day...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home