Does anybody read these?

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Frantic, but fun

So, today's writing prompt over at the National Blog Posting Month site says to use one word to describe how March went, and another word to describe what you hope to get out of April.

March was frantic. I'm hoping April will be fun.

About 20 zillion things have happened since we talked last. I went to Florida to catch some Major League Baseball (go get 'em, Tigers!) and spend quality time with my family and friends.

It was really great, even though I didn't get to the beach (Lance and Estela have a pool, so I still came back with a great tan) and, since I didn't get down to South Florida, I didn't get to catch up with my peeps in Miami-Dade. But, it was a good trip. Might try to get back at Christmas, but we'll see how my calendar works out.

Let's see...what else? Work has been busy. We just had our big Conference downtown this week, and a couple of our members asked me yesterday if I had gone to school for photography.

So, I told them the truth: that I went to college back in the days where you had to pay for your own photo and darkroom supplies, and I was way too poor for those classes. Isn't that lame? Anyhow, they told me they never would've guessed that I wasn't a trained photographer. That made me feel good. Almost as good as when the guy at work who is afraid of food that people bring into the office asked me if I would make a treat for everyone. That was definitely the ultimate compliment.

Life is grand right now. I'm staying really busy. My house is so close to looking presentable (well, except for my bedroom, but it is next on the list) that it's not funny. The downstairs is so ready for company that we've had two events just this week. Our Jane Austen Book Club met Sunday for book reading and movie watching, and the wine club met last night.

Through my new found love of The Twitter, I'm making lots of new blogger friends. I'm still a little distressed that my blog has no central theme. Well, except that this is a chronicle of the adventures of a semi-crazy, single gal living in the big city. I've always fancied myself to be like Carrie Bradshaw on "Sex and the City," so I guess that's my chance.

So, maybe life will slow down a little bit for April. I want to have fun, but I don't want to be dog tired and worn out from all the work. We'll see...

Oh, and the theme for April is "Sprout." Definitely appropriate, although it's cold as balls here right now. (Why do we say that? Balls aren't cold...) But anyhow, I'm hoping for some physical, emotional and spiritual gardening in April, so that's a good theme. As always, I'll do my best to post something, but I make no promises. This blog is totally like the mechanic's car up on blocks sometimes.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home