Does anybody read these?

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Dilemma

So, this is my post from June 1. We are going to count it as my post for June 1 because my Blackberry ate it and my computer was already turned off, or it would've been posted June 1. It counts. I am going to make my blogging goal this month. Or at least be slightly more respectable.

For most of June, following the theme "FAN," I will be posting things that I am a fan of. There will be other things, but think of this as a way to learn 30 new things that I like. OK, knowing me, there may be a few things that I am not a fan of. But, you'll still learn more about me. Maybe I'll even learn more about myself.

So, if you've been here a while, you have probably figured out that I am a fan of Vince Vaughn and Kevin James. Love them. I watch just about everything they are in. And, if either of them is in a film with Adam Sandler, I am the first one at the theater. Hilarious guys.

Last night when I was returning "No Strings Attached" (a very cute, funny movie) to the Redbox, I saw they had "The Dilemma." The previews looked hilarious, and it's Vince and Kevin. I had a buck and nothing better to do, so I rented it.

It really wasn't that funny. There were a few funny moments, but it wasn't bent-over-in-your-chair, clutching-your-sides hilarious. I definitely didn't laugh until I had tears running down my cheeks, which often happens when I watch movies with these guys (Four Christmases? Grown Ups?). It was just a disappointing movie, partly because Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman (who knew she was funny) killed it in the movie I'd watched the night before. They were so good, I've even made my peace with Ashton replacing Charlie on "Two and a Half Men," which seriously had me laughing so hard the other night that my roommate came in the living room to check on me.

Not sure what happened with The Dilemma. I still love Vince and Kevin, and I'll still watch whatever they make (separately or together) in hopes that it will have me rolling on the ground laughing. They're really funny guys; I just think this movie just wasn't that funny. Not their fault. It was a little dark, but it had the potential to be hilarious. It just wasn't. Not sure whose fault it was. From what I've read on the internet, people seem to be blaming Ron Howard, but he's usually an exceptional director. I guess it will just be one of life's mysteries.

Not sure what movie is next. Summer's a good time to catch up with nothing on TV. It's too hot to go outside.

Any good movies you're a fan of that you'd like to recommend?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home