Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Big Orange, Ms. Gretchen (both of them) and saying "oops"

The Vols won tonight. I am surprised I have fingernails, because it was a close one. It wasn't at first. They were down 21-0. Then Ainge got hurt and in went Rick Clausen. Woo-hoo!!! Phil Fulmer is an amazing coach, but I think he's made the wrong call on QB this year. Let's start #16 next week and see what happens. Pretty please?

Ms. Gretchen Wilson's new CD is out right now. If I'd known I'd have insomnia and be up at midnight, I'd have been at Walmart when they put them on the shelves. I'll get it after work tomorrow.

On to "the other Gretchen. lol" as she calls herself. The other Ms. Gretchen is one of my bestest friends. She reads this blog everyday. She is an amazing woman. She is a NICU nurse and I met her totally accidentally. I am so glad for it. Especially because if she were crazy she might've chopped me up into bits and put me in her trunk somewhere in Minnesota. I was so upset when Kenny got hurt and his tour got delayed, but I got to go with this awesome person and have a great time. And it's your best friends who'll give you a little nudge when you're standing there completely frozen because you're pretty sure the love of your life is four feet away. A friend helps you find your wings and fly. Thank you Gretchen, simply for being you. I'm so blessed that you are in my life.

Oops. I made a mistake. Oops. I screwed up. Oops, I got a friend involved in a big giant mess but she still loves me. That's what good friends do, eh? And speaking of oopsies, someone's got a scar from an altercation he told me was no big deal. Somedays you should just let me worry, OK? I'm a worry wart. It's inevitible. Or maybe you know that and are helping me pick my battles? I guess we'll see. Oh, and one last oops for today: You will be late for your meeting if you get Long Run Road and Longview Heights mixed up. Don't ask how I know. Ha ha.

Needless to say detox failed miserably. I'm going to blame Gretchen Wilson. Sorry to all of my friends who thought they might have some free time from my gushing. Maybe someday. Hopefully not.

Things that were cool about today: 1) I won $1 on a lottery ticket 2) I got a free two-liter of coke zero 3) I had awesome quesadillas for lunch 4) Dinner was homemade pizza night.

Song of the day: Somebody's Hero by Jamie O'Neal. I have liked this song since it came out. And then I saw the video today and it reminded me how cool it is. It's a great song. It reminds us that there are everyday heroes among us. And that for a little kid, or even a grown woman, her mom will always be her hero.

Except in Frank Henderson's political theory class. He's gone to the big lecture hall in the sky now, but I heard a rumor that a girl cried when he asked her when he asked her who her hero was. (I think he was thinking along the lines of Andrew Jackson, Thurgood Marshall, Alan Greenspan rather than her mama.) And in true fashion only fitting of the toughest political science professor in the history of political sciene, he responded: "F--- your mom. I meant for this class." My heroes for that class? Probably Cesar Chavez, Dorothy Day and Eleanor Roosevelt. And maybe Bill Clinton. Not sure we'll ever have another president who was an impressive statesmen and an even better campaigner. You can say what you want about him, but the man is an absolute political genius. And I know I was better off when he was president. Why do I feel like Edith Bunker everytime I think "those were the days?"

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home