Does anybody read these?

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I love when I say "I don't have much to say today..."

I don't have much to say today, so we'll start with the song of the day. Surprisingly it isn't something off Gretchen Wilson's new CD, All Jacked Up, which has been all played to hell since I got it yesterday. Great CD. Love it. Every song's fantastic. And "Politically Uncorrect," which I didn't like in concert, is just great. Just proves everything's better with Haggard!

So, now that I've shamelessly plugged Ms. Wilson's new CD, on to the real song of the day, "Some Gave All" by Billy Ray Cyrus. It started out as a joke. My friend Kayla (the hairdresser) and I were talking about mullets and I told her I was stuck on the song of the day. She suggested Billy Ray, and I thought instantly of this song. I was never really a big Billy Ray fan. I mentioned several days ago my friend Rick and his fight to get his brother Gary the Medal of Honor. Well, Rick put a CD together that he sent to every Member of Congress, and this song was the background. And everyone working at Michigan Paralyzed Veterans of America fell in love with it and we used it for our memorial tribute at our Salute to Veterans fundraising event last Veterans Day. Not a dry eye in the house. Imagine 200 military men and women in dress uniforms crying as the names and photos of Michigan's fallen scrolled over the screen. I guess this song will always have a place in my heart. That was an awesome event. Definitely on my list of swan songs.

Speaking of work, it's starting to get very busy there, with no end in sight. I am so glad that Houston's been postponed because it is getting piled on now. So if you try to get in touch with me at work and it takes a while to get back to ya, don't get upset. I just had to switch gears. No time for fun!

I've been remarkably tame about the whole Hurricane situation, but I will say this: Let's stop the blame game and take care of everyone. It's getting very old. I'm sorry, Mr. Brown, you weren't qualified to do your job. Of course, it didn't help that our Dumbass-in-Chief moved FEMA into Homeland Security where they siphoned all your money off to fight terrorism. So, shush on all the BS. Stop pointing fingers and work. And for the love of God, don't make it a partisan issue! Even though all the people who aren't getting help are most likely Democrats. I'm sure that's not the issue at all!

Speaking of Democrats and Republicans, how about that Tom Delay? On the plus side, I'm pretty sure that he won't be able to run for President now! This might shock you, but I heard that Bill Frist might be shady, too. When will it end? Very surprising from the Party that rigged two presidential elections.

Let's see. What else? Would anyone like a dog? Sparky's nuts. And I think he's taken to barking whenever a cow moos. That's annoying when you have a field full of cattle. Oh and as quick as I can sweep up the remnants of the dog bed, he makes a new mess.

And last, but not least, it's great to have a plan. It's all gonna work out. Especially if you believe in fate and what the cards hold for you.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home