Does anybody read these?

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Does anyone know anything about migraines?

I sat down with the intentions of writing a big long post, but in the meantime my migraine has taken over my body. I've been getting them for years but this one and the last one before it have been so bad I've been reduced to tears. I've gone to the doctor and he doesn't know what causes them except for what seems to be my hormones getting out of whack (they go hand-in-hand with PMS, usually). Regardless, I want to die right now. I have prescription meds, and I'm praying that they start working soon. I can't see through the tears to type, so I'm done for now. If you have any ideas for me, drop me a line.

4 comment(s):

I use to suffer the same as you, but ever since the dr put me on 5mg of Norvasc for my slightly elevated blood pressure, I have not had the migraines I use to. When I do get a headache one excedrine works for me now, I use to take 4 at a time to get rid of it. God Bless, I have been there.

By Blogger maynard, at 11/28/2005 9:05 AM  

Well, my doc gave me 5mg of Maxalt MLT for my headaches, and it seems to help, although last night all I could do was take that (it is supposed to reduce the constriction in my blood vessels) and two excedrin and then I went to bed. I can believe the blood pressure medicine would help because I know that my mom doesn't get them anymore since she started taking heart medicine.

By Blogger Laura, at 11/28/2005 9:26 AM  

I have dealt with migraines since I was 8, my son starting getting the vomiting and headaches at 15 months. I was put on a beta-blockler by my physician last June. I LOVE my life now. I didn;t know what it was like not to have headaches! I occassionally still get headcaches and a few migraines now and then, but nothing compared to the 3-4 aweek I used to get. God is good!

By Blogger Sheri, at 11/28/2005 9:40 AM  

Wow, never knew so many people had migraines. I'll have to look into Topamax, most importantly if my stupid insurance pays for it. I know the Maxalt would be outrageous if I had to pay for it, but luckily I only take it when I need it. (Sometimes I get it quick enough to be OK, other times I end up like last night.)

By Blogger Laura, at 11/28/2005 1:19 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home