Does anybody read these?

Sunday, December 25, 2005

A Christmas Quickie...

Today's been a very lazy day. We didn't get home after mass until right around 3 a.m. last night. We got done at Church a little after Midnight. The choir sounded beautiful. I was impressed. I always worry about us, but it all came together and everyone was pleased. And we tried two brand new Christmas carols (I'll see if I can find more info on them) and EVERYONE loved them. I guess we'll add them to the winners' list for "made-up" Christmas carols. "Last Christmas" by Wham? It's not on the winners' list, but it was definitely made-up, probably 20 years ago. When did I get old?!? After mass, we went to my Godmother's house so I could get my way-cool wrought iron Longaberger serving caddy. And then we went up to my cousin's house so we could eat pierogi. And guess who answers the door when I get there? Cute guy at church, who was very friendly once again. And we just thought he looked cute in jeans. He should wear "dress-up" clothes a lot more often. So, we chit-chatted and smiled at each other and I ate fattening Polish food, and it was fun. I'll tell you, if there weren't such great new things waiting for me in Nashville, I'd be tempted to ask him out. It makes no sense to get involved when you know you're moving in 6-8 weeks...

Anyhow, we got up late to open presents. It was just me and my middle brother Luke here and we're pushing 30 so it didn't make much sense to run down at 6 a.m. (especially after going to bed at 3 a.m.) to see what Santa brought. I'll confess, too. I've been opening presents as I've been getting them. If I got them before yesterday, they didn't make it under the tree. I mostly got clothes because my mother saw no point in buying me gifts that would just end up in the storage locker. I understand that. But my absolute favorite gift this year was one I got yesterday, this beautiful gold bracelet with emeralds and diamonds around it. It's not a tennis bracelet; the gold is solid and not ropy. And it has matching earrings. I wore it to mass last night. I have a feeling it won't get worn too much since I am so notorious when it comes to losing jewelry.

Well, I am off to visit with the family some more. I'm going to wear my new fleece top with the angels on it to Grandma's house. I will be back later with some warm and fuzzy holiday thoughts for y'all. I just don't have time to pull them together right now.

1 comment(s):

I am happy to see that you had a relatively pleasent Christmas Laura. Mine went pretty smoothly too.

By Blogger rosalie, at 12/26/2005 8:20 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home