Does anybody read these?

Friday, December 23, 2005

My Belief-o-matic results...

Thanks to IT-chick for posting this. I really enjoyed the exercise. I'm also not surprised by the results. I think we all know that I am not 100% cool with everything in Catholicism but I was a little surprised that I'd be a better conservative Christian and/or Mormon. Scientology was last on my list, but this is not a shocker. You all should know by now how I feel about Tommy and the crazies.

Actually one more note on this whole thing: Except for the fact that I believe that no one faith has any right whatsoever to legislate their beliefs on our Nation (and Thomas Jefferson, I'm sure would agree) I am pretty right on with Catholicism. Despite my crazy feminist ways, I don't think women should be priests. Let's try to have married priests first. They used to be married. And we're running out of priests and have to do something. Is there a clergy shortage in other denominations? I think we're the only hold-outs on this whole celibacy thing. And married people can be chaste...

I could go on about this all day, but I won't...

Your Results:

The top score on the list below represents the faith that Belief-O-Matic, in its less than infinite wisdom, thinks most closely matches your beliefs. However, even a score of 100% does not mean that your views are all shared by this faith, or vice versa.

Belief-O-Matic then lists another 26 faiths in order of how much they have in common with your professed beliefs. The higher a faith appears on this list, the more closely it aligns with your thinking.




1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (90%)
3. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (87%)
4. Orthodox Quaker (83%)
5. Jehovah's Witness (82%)
6. Eastern Orthodox (82%)
7. Roman Catholic (82%)
8. Liberal Quakers (78%)
9. Bah�'� Faith (72%)
10. Seventh Day Adventist (71%)
11. Unitarian Universalism (60%)
12. Orthodox Judaism (57%)
13. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (52%)
14. Reform Judaism (51%)
15. Islam (44%)
16. Sikhism (44%)
17. New Thought (37%)
18. New Age (35%)
19. Mahayana Buddhism (35%)
20. Neo-Pagan (34%)
21. Theravada Buddhism (33%)
22. Secular Humanism (33%)
23. Jainism (31%)
24. Hinduism (31%)
25. Taoism (23%)
26. Nontheist (17%)
27. Scientology (17%)

1 comment(s):

I thought it was interesting.

I did see the cocktail. I might have to try it. Where do you get that tropical sparkling water? Like the kind from WallyWorld?

By Blogger Laura, at 12/24/2005 9:17 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home