Does anybody read these?

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I know, I know...

I know that I've been doing a bad job at updating my blog. I know that you're all waiting with baited breath to see what's next. This, my friends, will probably be a major disappointment. I can't live up to the hype. Really.

I am taking my time getting to work today. First of all, my body is battling some type of bug. Yesterday I couldn't breathe. Today my stomach is achy. Secondly, the roads got so bad so quickly yesterday that they sent us home early and I got all the way to the top of my driveway, where I completely lost traction and slid all the way back down the hill and almost hit a tree. A little worried to go out on a day where it promises to get worse to see if I can get back in tonight. I brought work home and perhaps I should just stay home and work on it. Nah, because what if it gets worse and I can't get there tomorrow either? I thought about taking a sick day, but those will come in handy when I'm job-hunting. Although I suspect that my job process could be somewhat hastened sometime soon. Fingers crossed that the original agreement I had wih my boss is still on the table. Although honestly, NOTHING would surprise me at this point.

At some point today I need to call the bank and fight with them over the ongoing saga that I like to call "closing my account." I had never had a problem with them until I decided to take my moolah elsewhere. Kind of odd. Have I mentioned how excited I am that I get to go through that again when I move?

The job hunt is not horrible. I have plenty of leads. I just need to finish updating my resume. That WILL happen tonight. It's mostly finished. It would've been done last night, but a friend was having a hard day and I ended up spending a lot of time on the phone, just listening. I think it really helped her. At least that's what she said. And honestly, I've been in a funk lately, so it didn't hurt me to talk to a friend either.

Speaking of friends, I have a friend who's having relationship troubles and I just got the update on what's going on in her life. She and I kind of gravitated toward each other because I "get" what she's going through because I've been there. But as I stare at this email I just received, I'm just wondering what that means in the grand scheme of things.

Speaking of the grand scheme of things, let me just tell you that I got a sneak preview of next year's tour schedule for Mr. Chesney. I thought that 2005 was going to be my big year. Ha ha, as always Kenny proves me wrong. It does not help that a gal from Nashville contacted me yesterday and was like, "Since you are going to be in Nashville when the tour starts, let's be roadtrip buddies." Now, I'll only have a few buddies when I get to Nashville, period, so I am not going to turn anyone down at this point. Fun, fun, fun. I can't believe that I'm starting back up March 23. The first weekend will probably do me in, but if it doesn't I guess I'll have one helluva summer, yet again.

I just need to find a job so I don't end up living on all my "mad money," blowing this whole plan.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home