Does anybody read these?

Friday, December 09, 2005

Nashville Star update

Many of you know that my brother Lance auditioned for Nashville Star last month. I didn't post the results of that audition because he was going to try again in Detroit right after Thanksgiving. The audition for Nashville Star is something else, and I really don't think that it's geared toward male artists at all. Lance said it looked like they wanted young, blond girls who played guitar (thinking Miranda Lambert...). He didn't make it to the next round because he got nervous and changed his song while he was waiting in line for his turn and then, of course, he wasn't exactly prepared. So, he'd planned to audition again but decided not to do that.

Well, Lance may not have made it to Nashville for the next round of Nashville Star tryouts, but one of my friends did. The singer/songwriter/guitarist that my friend Jackie and I affectionately call "Hot Eric" and go to see all the time was the one person who made it all through the Detroit tryouts and will be going to the regionals in Nashville in January. This is where they choose the people for the next show, which will start in March. I really like Eric and I think he's a talented musician (along with his partner-in-crime Chico, who accompanies him at some gigs). I have my fingers crossed that he'll make it to the next round.

And I know that Eric doesn't read this (or at least I hope not since then the secret about "Hot Eric" will be out), but this is much more exciting than the Colgate Country Showdown, where you totally got screwed.

Last in Nashville Star news, Cowboy Troy and Wynonna will be the judges, replacing Leann Rimes. I am not positive I'll be tuning in if Eric isn't on the show. I'm not a huge fan of Cowboy Troy. I really do not understand the purpose of a black, rapping cowboy or why people think that I'd like his music. He's been my only disappointment from the Muzik Mafia so far.

2 comment(s):

Try classical.

By Blogger My Daily Struggles, at 12/09/2005 1:24 PM  

Classical music? I listen to it, but I listen to all kinds of stuff.

And see, I will put comments up here when people don't agree with me.

By Blogger Laura, at 12/09/2005 1:31 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home