Does anybody read these?

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Two random thoughts... (OK, maybe three)

A while ago I got an email from someone I hadn't heard from for a while. This person said, "I've been reading your blog and you seem down in the dumps. Hope you're OK." Well, that was interesting because at the time I got that note, I had been doing great. And for the most part I'm still doing great. However, I am in a tad bit of a funk. I realize that I HAVE to do this Nashville thing, but I am very panicked that it is not going to work. I know it is something I have to work at, and believe me I am trying, but at the same time I worry that it's just not going to work. And I am out of ideas. I can't think of anywhere else I want to pack up and move my whole life to. So, I guess I just have to make it work. Failure is not an option. That, however, does not make it any less scary.

Second random thought. A few weeks ago, Shane mentioned over at Nickerblog that he was addicted to Cadbury Mini Eggs. I empathized, but the addiction was not full-on here...yet. My brother went to Sam's Club and got the big, giant monster bag of Mini Eggs (think three pounds worth) and I've made a serious dent in them. I need to stop but I can't. What makes them so good? Would anyone like to buy a used bag of about 1 pound of Mini Eggs. I'll pay the shipping. God knows they'll be lighter when I get them to the Post Office.

Last random thought, which is very cool. My mom is moving some stuff out of one storage area to another. I have this trunk that was in my room as a child. It started out as a toy box but became more of a hope chest. I can easily say I have not looked inside that trunk since I left for college in 1994. I have no idea what's still in there.

So, my mom calls me downstairs to show me something and I am amazed. It is a soup tureen that's been in that trunk for years. I do not remember where I got it or why I got it. I'm sure there was some reasoning behind it. But it's going in my own personal storage now. Because it matches my china pattern that I bought in 2000. Have no idea why I bought it 6 years before (I think it may have been a gift, but still not sure why). Anyhow, I have a really cool soup tureen to take with me for my dishes now.

2 comment(s):

I object to your vocabulary word of the day. Ostensible=capable of being shown? I don't think so. Your word service is cheating you.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/31/2006 9:23 PM  

Are you still among the living?

By Blogger one4JC, at 4/01/2006 8:07 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home