Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

OK, I wonder...

...does my family realize my door is open, and I can hear every word they are saying?

This has been a very long week. You see, the perfect brother is back from Florida until tomorrow. So, of course, if he is here then we all get to hear how perfect he is.

Some highlights:

Of course, EVERYONE is going to Florida for his wedding. He's perfect. It's going to be a great wedding. Blah, blah, blah.

I am still worthless and lazy, in case you were wondering. Now I am also the world's worst roommate and completely and totally insane for going to a strange city with no job. Oh, and I'm pathetic because the state sent me to a career counselor. And so many other things I'm just too pissed off to rehash.

I can't wait to get the fuck out of here. I am so sick of it. It's been the longest year of my life. The daily self-esteem boosters are really more than I can handle. I need to get away from the negative energy. I told someone the other day that I'd rather be homeless than live here. I just don't get why they think I'm such a loser for finally following my hopes and dreams. So many other people believe in me. Some of my cousins and my aunt, my career counselor, my friends, my former co-workers. Why can my parents and my brothers not believe in me? I am sitting here ready to cry just thinking about it. Luckily it makes me want to go and work my ass off to prove them wrong. Seriously, if I have to work 3-4 jobs to make ends meet, I will. I just can't do this anymore. There are no jobs here, and no one really wants me here. What other choice do I have?

So, don't expect lots of posting from me in the next two weeks. Assuming that Karen and I get along this Friday when we meet, I am still planning to get down there early May. I was worried about some obligations I have here like Sunday school, but they will live without me. It's time to do what's best for Laura now. I've put my dreams on hold for other people for far too long.

4 comment(s):

Can I get an AMEN sista? I think that you are doing the right thing and I'm happy to be named one of those people that believe 100% in you.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/18/2006 8:54 AM  

You can never achieve your hopes and dreams unless you reach for them. Chin up, too many people have your back lady.

By Blogger rosalie, at 4/18/2006 10:05 AM  

LJ - in the words of one of our (I know you love her, too) favorite women:

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission" ~Eleanor Roosevelt

You don't need ANYONE'S approval but your own. If hearing them tear you down is affecting you, do one thing:

Don't let it.

Don't prove them wrong, don't work hard because you want to show you're worthy of their approval! Do what is inherent and real...WITHIN YOU! In that you'll find personal success. Remember that whole business about it not being a 'destination', but a 'journey'?

It's true.

I'm full of creamy quotes today. I can't help it. But dang it, LJ! YOU ARE WORTHY!! Stop working so hard to prove yourself to others! Do it FUH YOU, and there will be no greater joy.

You keep me around because I tell the truth (and I'm a great real estate agent for land on the high road).

I love you,
Tee
xxoo

By Blogger TanteToma, at 4/19/2006 1:57 AM  

Hi Laura,
So I read about the perfect brother and I could only think about one conversation me and your youngest brother had.

Me- How come L is getting home so late.

G- oh he probably had to stop and walk on water somewhere before coming home.


hahaha hope it cheered you up a bit! =0)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/24/2006 9:40 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home