Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Career counseling and surprise volunteer work...

So, I got up bright and early and rushed off to my meeting with my career counselor. She and I had a good chat and she suggested some great resources to help me in my job search. And God love her, she set up my profile so I won't have to worry about getting interview calls in Ohio once I move. She thinks I am right on track and I'll be fine once I get moved.

I've been very busy getting stuff ready to move. I have some loose ends to tie up and plenty of packing to do. I also have to figure out what to do with my storage locker of belongings in Detroit. Oh, and my friend up there who was helping me move? He got a DUI and is not allowed to do that right now. Blech. I'm also working on things like Web sites and business cards so I can start networking the minute I get to town. I am going to hang my shingle out for the freelance gig, but I know it's not going to pay the bills anytime soon. However, it's great to get my name out there and my cards. You never know what kind of job leads it might turn into.

I made the mistake of answering my cell phone while I was out running errands today. It was my aunt and she needed me to come in and help at her work. The lady who was working left and they were in a lurch. It was a very busy job and time flew by. But I have to go back tomorrow. And all I can think about while I'm there is how much I have to do before I move. Plus they yelled at me for getting a cell call. They call me and beg me to come in. I rushed over there. Do you really think I had time to put my phone on vibrate? Or that I even remembered before it rang?

So, that's all the excitement here today. I have decided that come Monday I am back on the diet in a big way. I have my customized menus already sent to my email!

1 comment(s):

Nice to see that you survived the career counseling and may have gotten some benefit from it. On the meal plan emails; can you forward me that information so that I can get going?

By Blogger rosalie, at 4/12/2006 2:28 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home