Does anybody read these?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More unemployment fun!!!

Did I ever tell you all about my mandatory unemployment training? I don't think I did. That's OK. I'm probably repressing the memories.

I have a follow-up trip tomorrow. I like my career counselor, so I think I will discuss some stuff with her. It wasn't terrible stuff to learn, but it's useless here. There just aren't jobs here. I'll be fine once I get moved.

Moving. I have sooooo much to do in the next few weeks. I am just going to have to start making a list and getting it done.

In a related note, I think that Karen and I are going to get along just fine. When we were coordinating a place to meet she asks me if I would want to meet up for dinner. Then she asks me, "How do you feel about Greek food?"

Honestly? I'd change my middle name to "Opa!" if my mother wouldn't kill me. Well, I can check "find good Greek restaurant" off my Nashville to-do list! Yay!!! First round of flaming cheese is on ME.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure my family thinks I'm crazy but they seem to be taking this moving stuff pretty well. I suspect they think that I will be back in three months with my tail between my legs.

Well, it's past even my bedtime and I have to be up at 7 to get ready for my very early appointment. (I love when they pass the sign-up list around while I'm in the ladies' room!)

Oh, and I found out what my surprise present is. It's making me a little wobbly to think about it, but there's still a little more to be done. I'm going to work on it while I am in town tomorrow. I should also drop my "good suits" suits off at the cleaners.

And remember my missing navy blue jacket? I just realized it MUST be in mom's sewing room, because it lost a button a few months ago... Bingo. I'll have to follow-up on that when mom's awake. Frankly she'd kick my ass if I went looking right now.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home