Does anybody read these?

Saturday, April 08, 2006

I'm getting cold just thinking about it...

So, yesterday it was 74 degrees. My grandma asked me if I'd like to go to the Indians game with them today. I can't stand the Indians (or anything about Cleveland, really, but that's for another day). The American League is pretty good though. Surely they're playing someone I enjoy watching. With the interleague play of the last few years, that ups the odds, right?

Or maybe they're playing the Twins. Yay.

In the meantime, the temperature dropped. The high in Cleveland today is supposed to be 41. I was too frightened to look at the low. I don't even like to watch football in this kind of weather. Now that I think about it, the only good thing about watching baseball is going to the ballpark on a summer day, having an ice cold brewski, some roasted almonds and a hot dog. For some reason, I am way too cold to think about paying $7 for 12 oz. of Miller Lite. I'm really not sure about this whole scenario.

Maybe I'll just stay home. Mom keeps bitching and moaning about cleaning my room. That is fine. I need to start packing and cleaning is definitely part of that process. I think I'll stay home and clean. It's somewhat warmer in here. I've got a lot to do before I move in 23 days.

I just need to keep repeating that: 23 days, 23 days, 23 days. I am so about to go Lizzie Borden on my parents. Why, oh why, would any self-respecting 30-year-old woman think that living with her parents was a good idea?!?

On the plus side, I got a present today. I think Toma will agree with me that it's "easily Top 10!"

7 comment(s):

Sometimes we don't think it is a good idea but an idea born out of necessity in a given "season of your life". A friend told me that when I was complaining one day and followed it with sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do in order to get to the point God wants you in your life.

I didn't like hearing it but it made sense (well a little sense) later in the week.

Are you sure you don't need a place in Fort Wayne to live?

By Blogger one4JC, at 4/08/2006 10:50 AM  

Sometimes we don't think it is a good idea but an idea born out of necessity in a given "season of your life". A friend told me that when I was complaining one day and followed it with sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do in order to get to the point God wants you in your life.

I didn't like hearing it but it made sense (well a little sense) later in the week.

Are you sure you don't need a place in Fort Wayne to live?

By Blogger one4JC, at 4/08/2006 10:51 AM  

I am soooo missing the damn Martin Guitar jacket in that picture!

By Blogger rosalie, at 4/09/2006 3:36 PM  

Ok If you are down to 23 days (wait wouldn't be 22 now?) When do you think this "we'll do it again when you can come" is going to happen?

And I'm not fond of jello shots made from Vodka :o)

By Blogger one4JC, at 4/09/2006 6:10 PM  

Rosalie, hush on the Martin jacket. We all know the only place that jacket looks good is hanging from the footboard of my bed.

One4JC, I love to travel. I will be back up to the Fort. And besides y'all are coming to Indy. How's about orange jello with mango rum and lime jello with tequila. And no fears, dieters, I use sugar-free jello!

And everyone should remember the door is ALWAYS open in Nashville.

By Blogger Laura, at 4/09/2006 8:34 PM  

That is the best present EVER! Who snapped it? LUCKYYYY....

By Blogger TanteToma, at 4/10/2006 2:04 AM  

A friend of a friend snapped it. I love it, but it is not helping AT ALL with the urge to steal him from the Boss Man and keep him for myself!

By Blogger Laura, at 4/10/2006 8:31 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home