Does anybody read these?

Monday, July 24, 2006

At least I won't be homeless...I think.

OK, I started my temp job. It sucks ass. Let me see what I can tell y'all about it.

First of all, it's in Cool Springs. Now I realize some of my readers may not know where Cool Springs is, so I am including a map to help orient you.



That fat orange-yellow line on the right side of the screen is I-65. It runs from the top of Indiana to the bottom of Alabama. Cool Springs is on the border of Brentwood and Franklin. So close, in fact, that on my way to work I see the "Welcome to Franklin, TN" sign and then I turn right and I'm back in Brentwood. It's a very nice neighborhood. There's a great mall and all kinds of other shops that I'm sure would be great if I had money.

Oh, but the job. Wow. I don't even know where to start.

That's a lie.

I'll start with the fact that they are remodeling the office. There is nowhere to put my lunch, not that I would've found a fork had I been able to put it in a fridge. But the worst part? I am supposed to be answering phones, right? Well, because they are remodeling, people keep moving from office to office. So basically I can NEVER find anyone when they have a call. They love intercom. I hate intercom. And the lady who's supervising me? She trusts no one. Seriously, she told me to hang up on telemarketers and then everyone else goes into voice mail. Of course, this lady called with some "emergency" today and I can't help her and she doesn't want voice mail, so too damn bad for her.

Anyhow, it sucks. Thank god it's only for three more days. But I'm so paranoid about getting reassigned again that I'm so clenched up it's not funny. And, of course, I don't even think I could afford a massage at the massage school.

Speaking of jobs, I still haven't heard back about that interview I went on last week. I had thought it'd be a perfect position, so I'm a bit bummed about that. I still have some hope, but I think it's time to keep looking.

I got a part-time offer today, but it is not enough to keep me fed with a roof over my head. It'll be a good start for now, I think. We'll see. I still have at least one, maybe two, interview on my schedule.

I'm just sick of being poor. I'm sick of being worried about how everything's going to turn out. I'm sick of being so stressed out. And I'm sick of crying about it.

I know I'm supposed to be here, and I just wish that God would help me figure out what exactly I am supposed to be doing with my life. I feel like I am right back where I started.

3 comment(s):

Thank you so much for the map. I was very confusing and I thought that Cool Springs was some kind of joke I just didn't get. Happy to learn that it actually is a real place. So glad I know where it is now.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/24/2006 11:11 PM  

Sorry, Kiddo.
As long as you wallow in self pity and negativity, you won't get anywhere. I told you how to change your thinking but evidently you don't believe me. Wish i could do more for you but it's all in your hands.
Love ya anyway.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/25/2006 6:57 AM  

Cool Springs sounds like an awfully nice place. Im sorry things are so stressful..

By Blogger Kelli, at 7/25/2006 5:42 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home